Esperanza Project

The Esperanza project is an advanced, drill-ready, copper-gold exploration project, located in San Juan Province, Argentina. The project includes the Esperanza property and the Huachi property. The project is at relatively low elevation of 3,000m, 35km from power lines and only 135km north of the Provincial Capital San Juan. San Juan Province is a mining jurisdiction which is host to large gold mines and world class copper deposits.

Latin Metals has an option to earn a 100% interest in the Esperanza and Huachi properties, subject to NSR royalties in favour of the underlying owners.

The Esperanza property consists of an outcropping copper-gold porphyry system, juxtaposed beside a gold epithermal system. Rock sampling at surface provides a sense of the system dimensions and highlights that both high-grade gold and copper occur at surface.

Historical exploration includes 8,500m of diamond drilling. The copper-gold porphyry system is exposed over a large area and is defined by drill holes which intersect mineralization from surface to a depth of approximately 400m. In 2018, Latin Metals' exploration returned the best drill hole to date; 387m grading 0.57% copper and 0.27 g/t gold, intersected from surface and open at depth.

The mineralization at Esperanza is open to the west, where outcropping porphyry mineralization is covered by a thin veneer of younger volcanic rocks. Mineralization is interpreted to extend westward as evidenced by discreet windows with outcropping mineralized veins. The acquisition of the contiguous Huachi property significantly expands the project footprint and secures the property to the west where expansion potential needs to be tested by additional drilling.

Project Highlights

  • Copper-endowed district with 11 known copper deposits - 175km from Filo del Sol deposit
  • Best intersect to date: 387m @ 0.57% copper & 0.27g/t gold intersected from surface
  • Open at depth and laterally – underexplored and not tested below 400m
  • Copper-gold porphyry system juxtaposed with epithermal gold – telescoping likely
  • Critical mass of exploration data – 24 drill holes for 8,500m, geochemistry, and geophysics. Drill-ready.
  • Up to 6% copper and numerous +1% rock samples at surface
  • Very large alteration system and pyrite halo exposed at surface
  • Road accessible, low elevation, year-round project
Drillhole Azimuth Dip From
18-ESP-025 280 -67 0 387 387 0.57 0.27
including   0 368 368 0.59 0.28
including   0 232 232 0.74 0.33



Option for Esperanza Property

Latin Metals has an option for 100% ownership of the Esperanza Property.

Option for Huachi Property

Latin Metals has an option for 100% ownership of the Huachi Property.

Option for Esperanza Property

Latin Metals has an option to acquire a 100% interest in the Esperanza project through payment of US$2,306,000 in cash and issuance of Latin Metals shares valued at US$500,000. Upon exercising the option, Latin Metals 100% ownership interest in Esperanza will be subject to a 2% NSR royalty. The nsr royalty can be reduced to 1.5% by purchasing 0.5% of the NSR for US$1,000,000 at any time.

Option for Huachi Property

Latin Metals has an option to acquire up to a 100% ownership interest in the Huachi Property. To earn a 75% interest, Latin Metals must spend US$1,000,000 on exploration and pay US$1,000,000 to Golden Arrow over four years. Upon fulfilling these terms, Latin Metals can exercise its top-up right to purchase the remaining 25% for US$2,000,000 within 90 days, achieving full ownership and reducing Golden Arrow's interest to a 1% NSR royalty. If Latin Metals chooses not to exercise the top-up right, a joint venture will be formed, with Latin Metals holding 75% and Golden Arrow 25%. If either party dilutes to 15% or less, the interest of that party converts to a 1% NSR royalty.

Maps & Sections

Related News

Mar 13, 2024

Feb 6, 2024

Dec 21, 2023

Jan 26, 2021

Jun 8, 2020

Jul 15, 2019

Jul 9, 2018

Jun 19, 2018

May 8, 2018

Apr 20, 2018

Mar 27, 2018

Feb 21, 2018